The major source of knowledge of the university is the central library serving as the knowledge backbone for research and Analysis regarding all the streams that are being offered by the university. It is one of the biggest libraries of Asia regarding Islamic learning and rare research materials. The library contains huge collection of books, journals, research projects and international magazines. The number of estimated books in the library is 35,000.
Al jamia library has undergone several important developmental changes since its establishment in 1955. The most notable change took place in 2003 when the Islamiya college upgraded from a status of college to a remarkable University. Also an another important change to Aljamia's library system came about with the introduction of automation. This was achieved with the help of BOOK MAGIC Integrated Library System, developed by a private software company.
The library serves students, faculty, staff and researchers as well as atrons from the several public (by special arrangement). It is our goal to support your curriculum needs, and to contribute to the quality of your overall learning experience here at Aljamia.
- To meet the needs and requirements of Al Jamia Al Islamiya.
- To make the Library a unique Islamic Information center in India.
- To assist the Islamic Research Center of Al Jamia.
- To provide reference/ referral/ information service to its clients (Teachers, Students, scholars and Research scholars) of the firm.
- It aims at possessing a comprehensive collection of Islam & Related subjects.
- It provides reference/ referral services to the use.'
- Documentation services.
- Xerox services.
- Library Orientation services.